HI, Sorry to hear about meltdown. A poor / loose electrical connection creates resistance, which builds heat as you found. You should make very sure that the wiring to your new power inlet is clean and secure. The wire itself may have hardened from heat for several inches from the melted connection. Once all is tight, reset all circuit breakers to be sure not tripped, plug it in to 120 volt AC and test all the outlets with an outlet tester. Readily available at any hardware store. This will verify proper wiring, power, neutral and ground in the right places. Once confirmed, try each appliance one at a time. Hopefully, all is still well.