Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2020, 05:43 PM   #1

Default leaking kitchen faucet

i have a leaking faucet, washers have been replaced and when you turn the water on it blows the faucet out and there goes the water everywhere. can anyone help please i would rather fix myself if possible...thank you

susane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 05:54 PM   #2

Are you sure that the aerator is installed properly? Remove the aerator and see if your faucet lets water flow. If it does, then the problem is in the aerator. I'd take it apart, clean the screen and the white plastic part (soak in vinegar). When reassembling, the piece with the screen goes in first, followed by the white plastic piece (pointy end toward the screen) and finally the black rubber gasket. Screw it back on to the faucet arm and open the cold water knob. If that doesn't solve the problem, you need a new aerator.

2007 Shadow Cruiser x210, 2004 RAM 2500 4x4 QuadCab SLT 5.9L CTD, Factory Tow Pkg (3.73 axle), HaulMaster WDH
RipVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:44 PM   #3

Where is the water coming from? Is it at the sink or at the end near the aerator?
Old 09-16-2020, 07:48 PM   #4

At the sink. At the base of the arm.
Old 09-16-2020, 08:04 PM   #5

I have taken apart several kitchen faucets for home use but not on our trailers. Perhaps someone will share a better repair strategy. It sounds to me like the retaining flange has failed on the arm and that you may need to replace the faucet ass'y. Is it plastic or metal? A photo from your phone might be helpful.

What do others think?
Old 09-16-2020, 10:25 PM   #6

If the arm is coming apart at the sink end I'm guessing that replacement is likely the best solution. You do have to consider the cause of the problem in the first place. Are you hooked up to "city water" or is this occurring when using the onboard pump? Sometimes the pressure from the "city water" source is too great for the camper's connections. A pressure reducer helps to keep the pressure to what the camper's system can handle.

2007 Shadow Cruiser x210, 2004 RAM 2500 4x4 QuadCab SLT 5.9L CTD, Factory Tow Pkg (3.73 axle), HaulMaster WDH
RipVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 05:36 AM   #7

Ours did the same and I ordered an exact replica from Amazon, upon removal of the old one and inspection as to why it leaked I found the faucet itself has a o ring and a flat o ring style washer at the base and both ours were worn a good bit. Replacing the o rings may fix it a=if you can take the faucet off and take it with o rings intact to a hardware store that sells o rings and they may can match them, f not, replace it for less than $40 and 10 minutes time. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
wishuwerehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 09:28 AM   #8

Most hardware stores sell O-ring assortment packages, like the one below -- it is a handy thing to have around the house:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/O-Ring-Asso...200/1002470934
Old 09-17-2020, 02:43 PM   #9

Thank you all so much
Old 09-17-2020, 02:53 PM   #10

Just try tightening the nut that holds the stem/faucet into the base it may have worked loose and be a much simpler fix. here, at this junction, turn the large decorative nut clockwise till its hand tight. The o rings compress with more pressure like this.
Attached Images

Old 09-17-2020, 07:03 PM   #11

wish, that's much too easy and common-sensical -- it's way better to needlessly remove and replace the faucet.

Seriously, you are so right. The vibration of the trailer causes everything to come loose -- why not the faucet??
Old 09-21-2020, 06:38 PM   #12

Thank you all so much, after trying several things, guess a new one is the best.
Old 10-13-2020, 12:08 PM   #13

so we had someone put a new kitchen faucet in our 2011 fun finder. when we went camping my husband thought i had spilled water on the floor but as it turned out water was seeping up from the floor the pass threw was even socking wet .we had to turn the water off as it was getting worse by the minute. i'm hoping someone can give us ideas on what is happening .
Old 10-13-2020, 02:02 PM   #14

Are the faucet water hoses connected and good and tight. There should be 2 hoses coming up from the floor and attaching to hot and cold under the faucet, those 2 connection nuts must be hand tightened. If one is not sealed tight enough it would let water run back down the hose and show up on the floor, maybe seeping out from under the cabinet.
Old 10-13-2020, 02:22 PM   #15

I got a similar type of faucet at Menards for about $ 25 and it was plug and play.
twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 03:18 PM   #16

so it could be from not putting the faucet in correct. we paid 100.00 to have it put in.
Old 10-14-2020, 04:42 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by susane View Post
so it could be from not putting the faucet in correct. we paid 100.00 to have it put in.
Yea right, I'd still check the connections if not that, you may have a really serious issue.