Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2020, 06:50 AM   #1

Default Loud AC

Help! My AC is so loud and it will not turn off. Any one have experience with the thermostat? I stayed in my parents camper and the AC is SO much quieter. Maybe I need a different unit or some adjustments.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks
Angela
2008 18FB

wvervain99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 07:41 AM   #2

Are you venting the A/C thru the duct vents or all air from the ceiling vent under the A/C?
Venting thru the ducts is quieter.
Place a separate wall thermometer beside the thermostat to verify any temperature variation between the two ... actual temp on wall thermometer compared to temp shown on the thermostat.

Old 06-23-2020, 11:36 AM   #3

Default Loud AC Reply

My little camper does not have venting it is just a unit in the ceiling. And it is so loud that it is hard for me to sleep.
I guess I should have been a bit more clear on the thermostat issue. When my camper hits the temperature I set the thermostat for, the AC does not kick off instead the heater turns on. I don't know it is weird but I love my little camper.
Old 06-23-2020, 12:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvervain99 View Post
My little camper does not have venting it is just a unit in the ceiling. And it is so loud that it is hard for me to sleep.
I guess I should have been a bit more clear on the thermostat issue. When my camper hits the temperature I set the thermostat for, the AC does not kick off instead the heater turns on. I don't know it is weird but I love my little camper.
The wall mounted thermostat controls only the furnace the AC controls are on its control panel where the on switch is. Ours is loud too, we only use it when we have to.
wishuwerehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 12:09 PM   #5

Default Loud AC

Thanks for the reply. Does yours eventually turn off or do you need to turn it off?
Old 06-23-2020, 01:44 PM   #6
APD

Our fan in the AC unit runs continuously. But only the fan runs unless it's cooling.

The T-stat cycles the compressor on and off but the fan will run as long as the unit is on. Our controls for the AC are on the AC unit overhead. Our furnace is independent of the AC and is controlled by the wall mounted thermostat. It should be off during cooling.
Your system may be different.

Alan
1994 GMC Camper Van,
APD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 04:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvervain99 View Post
Thanks for the reply. Does yours eventually turn off or do you need to turn it off?
Yes it does cut off, turn the AC compressor it vibrates the whole camper, but it puts you to sleep if its bedtime. The furnace is loud as all get out too, I use a small cube ceramic plug in heater, for heat
wishuwerehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 05:19 AM   #8

Thanks. That is what I thought, I just wanted a second opinion.