Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-01-2024, 07:05 PM   #1

Default Removing dinette

Thinking about removing u shape dinette and replace with recliners
In slideout from FF f214WSD. Has anyone done this

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 10:42 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
Thinking about removing u shape dinette and replace with recliners
In slideout from FF f214WSD. Has anyone done this
I didn't remove the whole dinette, but did take out the seat portion under the window so we have just the seats that face each other. I built a new larger table top. It works for us. I'd like to have two comfortable chairs too, but don't want to give up the table, storage, and sleeping area.

bigjohnsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 11:09 AM   #3
Pep

I removed the jack Knife sofa and replaced it with two REC PRO wall hugger recliners and center console in my X 189 FBS. If you have pets I recommend you get the cloth covered.[IMG]C:\Users\User\Pictures\iCloud Photos\Downloads\IMG_0264.JPG[/IMG]
Pep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 03:43 PM   #4

We removed ours after the first year. It took me about two hours to remove all the screws and haul the old one out, we then replaced it with a Vega 2 Power Loveseat. I had to reroute and remount the power plug that was under the one seating area but was able to use it to plug the sofa into. Make sure you devise a way to hold the seats down to the floor otherwise they tend to move around quite a bit in slide-out. We did end up removing the Loveseat two years later and put the old table and seating back in. Missed having the extra storage space for the furbabies stuff and being able to have an extra bed when needed (Recliners weren't the most comfortable to sleep in).
JAButler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 08:08 AM   #5

We altered (significantly) the configuration of the dinette in our ‘07 x210 by removing the table completely then detaching the seats, rotating them 90 degrees and reattaching them with their backs against the curbside wall. We now have a long bench seat with essentially the same amount of under seat storage. The biggest advantage is the increased space between the road side counter/sink and the bench seat! We rarely used the dinette as we usually have a table set up under the roll out awning. My only regret is not removing the dinette table hardware before screwing the seat backs into the curbside wall (a definite oversight on my part ;-( ). I do suppose that I could “undo” the attachments of the seats but I did use way more screws than prolly needed to secure the seats to the wall. Oh well.
Don’t have picks available at the moment but should be able to post some at a later date!

2007 Shadow Cruiser x210, 2004 RAM 2500 4x4 QuadCab SLT 5.9L CTD, Factory Tow Pkg (3.73 axle), HaulMaster WDH
RipVan is offline   Reply With Quote