Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-02-2014, 03:11 PM   #1

Default Winterizing ??

Hi everyone I am an avid reader of this group and now we are having a problem.. We are trying to winterize our ntu 2013 X FBS.. We blew out the lines and now we are trying to pump antifreeze thru the lines. It will not suck it up.. Hubby has tried everything he can think of, and I have searched here and other forums for hints.. Not new to TT maintenence, but never ran into this oroblem before..
Hope someone has an idea cause it is getting mighty cold here in MI.

Thanks in advance and Camp Happy

Old 11-02-2014, 09:11 PM   #2

When you say "it will not suck it up" ... you need to be a bit clearer what you mean. If you're just putting anti-freeze in the fresh water tank and running the pump like normal, then you need to put in more anti-freeze depending in where the pick up tube is in the fresh water tank.

If that's not how you're doing it but rather by a separate tube connected directly to the water pump, you need to switch the diverter valve in line with that hose as opposed to the line that normally feeds the rest of the trailer's water lines.

Old 11-03-2014, 01:47 AM   #3

Default winterizing??

Hi.. First thank you for answering us.. We are trying to get it to pick it up from the bottle of anti freeze.. Tube in bottle, is it possible the pump lost it's prime and needs to be primed? We will re-check all our valves and hopefully this will be the charm
Old 11-03-2014, 06:28 AM   #4
roy

I tried a different method this year. Grew tired of the anti freeze method and switched over to the compressed air method. So far I like this better. It took a little longer to do but not as messy and no lingering smell or taste in tye water system. It has already been 27 degrees here and so far all is well.

My pump has its own feed like for winterizing with anti freeze. I found the pump to be hard at times to pick up a prime but opening the nearest faucet usually does the trick. When I would switch to water on de winterizing I would always use my city water port with a hose and fill hot wafer tank the pressurize the entire system first. After that the pump always primes up quickly when pulling from water in the holding tank.

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:02 AM   #5

Default winterizing??

Thanks for the hints.. We are trying evverything.. Hubs is on the phone right now with our dealer.. I will post here what we find out..
Old 11-03-2014, 10:00 PM   #6

Default Winterizing??

Well, are you ready for this one.. The service dept at our dealer installed the valve upside down..Oh my! Soon as we fixed that the pump syphoned fine and we are all winterized..
Thanks for the help!
Old 11-03-2014, 10:23 PM   #7

That makes sense .... and glad you got that figured out. I'm pretty new to this process as well and wouldn't have thought of that so we both learned something here. Thanks for updating

Old 11-04-2014, 05:33 AM   #8

Glad to Help..