Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 01:21 AM   #1

Default Been 5 months since I bought her.

My wife and I bought a new 2011 ff189FDS in Febuary of this year. I for one did a lot of reading and checking out trailers before we bought to the point of driving my wife crazy. I knew that I would need to spend some time doing repairs and such. Well after we got our baby home I ended up with a list of no less than 13 items wrong with the trailer. Every thing from 2 leaks in the front end cap to stripped lug nuts on 1 wheel. matress were ripped,door shock fell off, front electric tounge jack quit working. On and on it goes. So in april I take her in to have all the problems fixed up. Not... After leaving her their for 2 weeks I get her back with only some of the problems fixed. Was told to bring her back when the matress and the lug nuts come it, and it will be taken care of then. So I take my baby back home. So to day we took the poor girl in to have the rest of the work done, and guess what, you got it, mattress still not in from cruser,got huge attatude from service saying they may not have time to fix all the items cus they are real busy. Well I blew my top, told him it was to god dam bad they were busy and I will be back on thursday to pick it up. So I left her their again. This RV industry sure needs a swift kick in the A__. I will keep you all posted in a few days when we get our baby back home. I am beginning to wonder if we made a big mistake in buying the piece of crap. Maybe we can get all the problems fixed up and move on from their. Thanks for listling to me rant. Salty

Old 07-20-2011, 08:37 AM   #2
Site Team

Sounds like you need a new dealer. Too busy to take care of a customer?!! It was the dealers responsiblity to take care of at least some (if not all) of those issues before you even picked it up! Granted it should never have left the factory that way but the dealer is supposed to take care of whatever the factory missed or possibly happened in transit. Some things, like the tongue jack, are 3rd party and if they fail its warrantied by the individual manufacaturer. BUT the dealer should still FIX it. I had an issue with my furnace when I first got mine and my dealer spent several hours on the phone with Suburban to get it fixed and told me he had everything documented in case I had any problems in the future. No issues since.

And how in the world does the dealer let it go with a torn mattress!!!! And stripped lug nuts!!!!? That should have been caught when they checked to make sure they were properly torqued before they ever let you pull it off the lot. That is a huge safety issue. Sounds like they didn't do any prep on it whatsoever.

It may be worth a letter to CruiserRV about the lack of customer service from this dealer. Certainly they are the ones ultimately responsible for the trailer they built, but the dealers are their 'face' to the customer and it seems like this one is giving them a black eye.

Hopefully they will finally take care of you like they should and put things right.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:59 PM   #3

Default Incredible

You most certainly should file some type of complaint with CRUISERRV or at least the BBB. Did you do a pre-delivery inspection with the dealer? We spent about 3 hrs. with our dealer going over inside and outside our trailer. That is not to say we won't find some issues later, but so far every thing looks good. As I have stated before, our dealer pulled our unit into the shop and tested all the components and then took it out for a road test to make sure all was in order. No dealer should treat customers in that manner. Hope you get some kind of resolution.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:32 AM   #4

Default Re: Been 5 months since I bought her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltynuts
My wife and I bought a new 2011 ff189FDS in Febuary of this year. I for one did a lot of reading and checking out trailers before we bought to the point of driving my wife crazy. I knew that I would need to spend some time doing repairs and such. Well after we got our baby home I ended up with a list of no less than 13 items wrong with the trailer. Every thing from 2 leaks in the front end cap to stripped lug nuts on 1 wheel. matress were ripped,door shock fell off, front electric tounge jack quit working. On and on it goes. So in april I take her in to have all the problems fixed up. Not... After leaving her their for 2 weeks I get her back with only some of the problems fixed. Was told to bring her back when the matress and the lug nuts come it, and it will be taken care of then. So I take my baby back home. So to day we took the poor girl in to have the rest of the work done, and guess what, you got it, mattress still not in from cruser,got huge attatude from service saying they may not have time to fix all the items cus they are real busy. Well I blew my top, told him it was to god dam bad they were busy and I will be back on thursday to pick it up. So I left her their again. This RV industry sure needs a swift kick in the A__. I will keep you all posted in a few days when we get our baby back home. I am beginning to wonder if we made a big mistake in buying the piece of crap. Maybe we can get all the problems fixed up and move on from their. Thanks for listling to me rant. Salty
Ha Salty how ya think I feel , After getting my camper from Toms Camperland in AZ the A-O over there toll me he is under staffed to fix these type of problems , and all Cruiser RV does when you do get to talk to someone is hand you over to the other guy that never calls you back & when you do get to talk to him Its ya will take care of it But ya need to do this! Maybe if they would do ( THIS ) befor I got it then maybe I would not have to do ( THIS ) I had it with my Camper , My Wife told me to go park it at my work or something , She said I don't wont to LOOK-AT-IT anymore! Ha Salty do what I did Make a DVD of whats NOT right with the Damm Thing and send one to CRUISER RV - BBB in Indiana -Channel ? on your side - ATT GEN OFFICE - and when I find out how to put it on the NET , Its going there to , My Camper is over at a Service Place right now , one thing I showed the guy is the bowing Cabet , He told me that the Cabnet was bowed before they put it in and its best to live with it then to let me fix it becouse they put this Cabnet in befor they put the roof on , I told him ! I don,t care take the D--m roof off then.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:46 PM   #5

Hi Megsbusa Sounds like your dealer needs a good kick in the a__o The cabnet you are talking about is the one with the stove and sink? Thats a major problem. My dealer did a 100 % turn around after I lost my cool at their dealership 2 days ago. Dont like to do that but I just felt I was geting no where. They are not sure if they fixed the front leak so time will tell. Salty
Old 07-24-2011, 02:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Hi Megsbusa Sounds like your dealer needs a good kick in the a__o The cabnet you are talking about is the one with the stove and sink? Thats a major problem. My dealer did a 100 % turn around after I lost my cool at their dealership 2 days ago. Dont like to do that but I just felt I was geting no where. They are not sure if they fixed the front leak so time will tell. Salty
This was a different repair shop I took it to this time, I was told this guy knows if stuff , and he is the third one that told me my Crapper- Camper can't be repaired , He told me to take it to Cruiser RV . The dealer where I got it ( TOMS CAMPERLAND ) in Suprise AZ only likes to take your $MONEY$ and after the sale hes done with ya
Old 07-24-2011, 09:16 PM   #7

Hi Megabusa Your dealer from where you bought needs to send cruser rv pictures, and find out what needs to be done. If they dont want to deal with it, cruser needs to. Chomp your teeth into their fat little asses and dont let go. Ever see the show falling down, with Micheal Douglas. CRUSER NEEDS TO CLEAN UP THEIR ACT. People on this forum that say they have have no problems with their trailer are not telling the truth, or they just dont know any better. So far I have been lucking to only have about 16 problems with my piece of crap trailer. Most of them are slowly getting fixed, and I have had it since Feb of this year. Have only used it for 8 nights so far. Salty [/quote]
Old 07-25-2011, 07:20 AM   #8

Quote:
Hi Megabusa Your dealer from where you bought needs to send cruser rv pictures, and find out what needs to be done. If they dont want to deal with it, cruser needs to. Chomp your teeth into their fat little asses and dont let go. Ever see the show falling down, with Micheal Douglas. CRUSER NEEDS TO CLEAN UP THEIR ACT. People on this forum that say they have have no problems with their trailer are not telling the truth, or they just dont know any better. So far I have been lucking to only have about 16 problems with my piece of crap trailer. Most of them are slowly getting fixed, and I have had it since Feb of this year. Have only used it for 8 nights so far. Salty
[/quote] I did better then pictures , I made a DVD and sent to Cruiser myself , As far as the Dealer goes ( Toms Camperland )He blew me off right after the sale , We had a bad Weekend this Week-end because of this Da-m Camper , My Wife likes to do stuff on the Week-ends and now that I got this Crapper FF not one time have we did anything, She Bitches every week-end & Shes right to , My Wife keeps saying to get a Attorney But I want do give Cruiser a chance first and I did everything that they told me to , Im at the end of my rope , Im done with it . If I do get a Attorney and have to open my Bank account up , then I wont this to go all the way to Court so I can look them in the eyes .
Old 07-25-2011, 08:23 AM   #9

Quote:
Hi Megabusa Your dealer from where you bought needs to send cruser rv pictures, and find out what needs to be done. If they dont want to deal with it, cruser needs to. Chomp your teeth into their fat little asses and dont let go. Ever see the show falling down, with Micheal Douglas. CRUSER NEEDS TO CLEAN UP THEIR ACT. People on this forum that say they have have no problems with their trailer are not telling the truth, or they just dont know any better. So far I have been lucking to only have about 16 problems with my piece of crap trailer. Most of them are slowly getting fixed, and I have had it since Feb of this year. Have only used it for 8 nights so far. Salty
[/quote] O-BY-THE-WAY , Yes I agree about some of the people not having no Problems or its there first Camper and they know any better? A dealer in Vegas told me they droped the Cruiser line because of the problums there were having with them , Thats one of the first places I asked if they could look at Camper to get repaired.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:45 PM   #10

Quote:
[/quote]

I take exception to being called a liar. By you or anyone else on this forum or any other. I have a college degree in Radio Physics and did research for 19 years at NIH in Computerized Axial Tomography and Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging. My hobbies include automotive mechanics (I built race cars), motorcycles, photography and darkroom developing, building furniture, general carpentry, plumbing, electrical wiring (from building stereos to wiring buildings and IT networks, both CAT 4,5 & 6 and Fiber Optics). I can build a house, I did and am currently living in it. I've run two businesses and was partner in another. I retired at 56 years old and am quite comfortable.

My point in the above is a) I don't have any business connection with CruiserRV and b) I know engineering and how to fix things and c) I know engineering, good and bad and I know well built vs. shoddy. I also know enough about people that I don't know to not call them liars.

The problems with my FunFinder X 210WBS bought new in March of '08 consisted of the sink drain coming loose twice. That was it. Poor engineering on their part (unsupported long lengths of pipe set up resonance on highways from the expansion joints causing the slip joints to loosen) and I re-engineered a "fix" and have had zero problems since. I did have a "leak" (barely noticeable as a damp, not wet, 50 cent sized spot on the pillow on the bed) in the front window. That was my fault, not CruiserRV's. On my annual inspection of the caulking, I missed a hairline crack in the caulk last year after 23,000 miles of road travel. My fault.

That's it. 3 years of road travel, 31,955 miles covered and almost a year spent in it. If you got a bad one, that's the luck of the draw. It doesn't mean that every trailer they produced is junk and that everyone else that has one that hasn't had more than the "usual" RV problems is a liar. All RVs have problems...there hasn't been a "perfect" RV made yet by anyone; cruise on over to the Prevost forum and look at the problems encountered in million dollar rolling mansions.

Personally, I feel that you owe everyone on this forum an apology. That statement was rude and uncalled for. You don't "know" a single person on this forum personally and certainly not well enough from posts to make an assumption about a person's honesty. I was born with my name, I'll die with my name, and I'm certainly not going to "muddy" my name by telling lies on this or any other forum. Perhaps the "fault" in your having a "piece of crap trailer" was that you accepted it, despite a walk-through (PID) and inspection, before driving it off the lot.

Yep, you ruffled my feathers. My name has always stood for honesty and besmirching it gets me on edge.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
Old 07-25-2011, 05:17 PM   #11

Default Re: Incredible

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDLEEC
You most certainly should file some type of complaint with CRUISERRV or at least the BBB. Did you do a pre-delivery inspection with the dealer? We spent about 3 hrs. with our dealer going over inside and outside our trailer. That is not to say we won't find some issues later, but so far every thing looks good. As I have stated before, our dealer pulled our unit into the shop and tested all the components and then took it out for a road test to make sure all was in order. No dealer should treat customers in that manner. Hope you get some kind of resolution.
Yes We filed a complaint with the BBB & Some what NO on the pre-Delivery , The dealer was closeing when we got there , It was a 5-1/2 hour drive for us ,& I had to stop at the bank befor we left ,The guy at the Dealer rushed thru it He told us He did not have time to Clean it ,all he had was one helper there that day , My Wife thinks they pushed a Bad one on us Because they told us it was going to be ready befor we got there ,and when we where looking at it the AC it keep going out , the guy said it was the plug in the shop ware it was pluged in at , I guess I messed up real bad with this dealer?
Old 07-25-2011, 08:26 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by webslave
Quote:
I take exception to being called a liar. By you or anyone else on this forum or any other. I have a college degree in Radio Physics and did research for 19 years at NIH in Computerized Axial Tomography and Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging. My hobbies include automotive mechanics (I built race cars), motorcycles, photography and darkroom developing, building furniture, general carpentry, plumbing, electrical wiring (from building stereos to wiring buildings and IT networks, both CAT 4,5 & 6 and Fiber Optics). I can build a house, I did and am currently living in it. I've run two businesses and was partner in another. I retired at 56 years old and am quite comfortable.

My point in the above is a) I don't have any business connection with CruiserRV and b) I know engineering and how to fix things and c) I know engineering, good and bad and I know well built vs. shoddy. I also know enough about people that I don't know to not call them liars.

The problems with my FunFinder X 210WBS bought new in March of '08 consisted of the sink drain coming loose twice. That was it. Poor engineering on their part (unsupported long lengths of pipe set up resonance on highways from the expansion joints causing the slip joints to loosen) and I re-engineered a "fix" and have had zero problems since. I did have a "leak" (barely noticeable as a damp, not wet, 50 cent sized spot on the pillow on the bed) in the front window. That was my fault, not CruiserRV's. On my annual inspection of the caulking, I missed a hairline crack in the caulk last year after 23,000 miles of road travel. My fault.

That's it. 3 years of road travel, 31,955 miles covered and almost a year spent in it. If you got a bad one, that's the luck of the draw. It doesn't mean that every trailer they produced is junk and that everyone else that has one that hasn't had more than the "usual" RV problems is a liar. All RVs have problems...there hasn't been a "perfect" RV made yet by anyone; cruise on over to the Prevost forum and look at the problems encountered in million dollar rolling mansions.

Personally, I feel that you owe everyone on this forum an apology. That statement was rude and uncalled for. You don't "know" a single person on this forum personally and certainly not well enough from posts to make an assumption about a person's honesty. I was born with my name, I'll die with my name, and I'm certainly not going to "muddy" my name by telling lies on this or any other forum. Perhaps the "fault" in your having a "piece of crap trailer" was that you accepted it, despite a walk-through (PID) and inspection, before driving it off the lot.

Yep, you ruffled my feathers. My name has always stood for honesty and besmirching it gets me on edge.[/quote] I don't think he ment that everyone on this forum is a liar , I think he just miss-worded-it But thats for him to say Im going take up for Salty on this one thing ,If you think about it this is a FF forum & I just like him beleve that some people from FF or FF dealers or on this Forums ,It looks like your a smart guy ya think people from FF or FF dealers are going to say bad things about FF ? ! NO ! I think thats what he ment , And as for a apology goes , I could say that what you said about the Walk Through & Accepted it , I guess I did not know much better myself ! What Ya calling me stupid to! you ruffled my feathers when I read that, But then again I don't realy care about stuff like that anyway , & just like you I stand for honesty ,& when Im wrong Ill say Im wrong , But Im going to call it like I see it , I recall reading a Post someware that Salty saved his money to buy that Camper & he likes taking his Gr-kids Camping , Ill bet hes a hard working guy -loves hes Gr-kids and makes the best of what hes got . Im not trying to tell you what to do , But if I were you I give Him a little slack.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:59 PM   #13
Site Team

OK, things are getting a bit out of hand here. I understand people aren't happy with the way they have been treated by their dealer and/or CruiserRV. That is still not justification to to make unfounded accusations about other members of the forum and won't be allowed.

I am locking this thread. If similar language shows up in other threads I will lock those as well and/or have the offenders banned from the forum.

Please remember that this forum is for sharing ideas and helping each other.

Closed Thread