Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2019, 08:05 AM   #1

Default Looking For Someone to Help/ Newbie Fun Finder Owner

Hello all!

I am looking for someone who lives in the Colorado Springs area if there are any, lol. I purchased a Fun Finder M139 a couple of months ago. I have never owned a trailer before let alone a Fun Finder. I had a friend who was my guru on trailers but now has gone MIA and I need help.

I purchased the trailer to take traveling assignments for my work. I just need someone to walk me through how the connections work, the dos and don'ts, etc. If there is anyone out there who could help me out that would be great!

Thanks in advance,
Kim

Jazzedkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 05:28 PM   #2

Kim, that's us!! Many of us on this site can offer advice about specific issues. While we are not right there in Colorado with you, we can certainly tackle the problems, one by one.

For example, do you have a battery? Or do you need advice on what to buy? Do you know where the battery disconnect switch is?

Another example: do you have all of the necessary sewer equipment?

Just to reassure you, lots of folks (including me) have bought "starter trailers" like the 139 with absolutely no background or knowledge. We had to figure things out. It can be done, especially with an active and willing group of Internet buddies to help you.

Just keep asking questions!!

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 07:40 AM   #3

Kim, don't give up yet! We were (and still in many ways are) newbies. Never owned a TT but we've taken our T139 out 5 times since March and learn something new every time. Like the tiny roof leak we discovered this past weekend! Things happen but the folks on this site are incredibly helpful! Dan is the man and can answer just about any question you have!

I also learned this past weekend that fellow campers are amazing and often just as helpful as the people on this site. In a pinch, ask a neighbor for some help. Also, watch some youtube videos. You might not find many about your specific M139 but the hookups on most campers are very much the same or similar and they can help you work through the issues you're having.

Keep trying, learning, and asking questions here. We are in love with our little 139 and you will be too once you get things figured out!

Best of luck!
2011 Ford Expedition XLT
RantucketT139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 10:49 AM   #4

Thanks for the advice! I can't wait to get out there and take my senior dachshunds with me!

That sounds like good advice looking at youtube videos and such. Also knowing that this forum is here is nice to know to for added advice

Hope your summer is going well and you have been out on the road a few times! Thanks for the reach out!!

Kim
Jazzedkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 06:23 PM   #5

There are multiple sites on the net to educate one on the RV in's, out's and mistakes others have made.

A few:
https://www.thervgeeks.com/ ps, the bottom of the opening page has a list of videos on RVing.

RV Education 101 - videos, DVDs, books, tips and information for RVers

https://www.rvbasics.com/

https://www.tripsavvy.com/best-rv-blogs-online-2912631

RVers Corner - RV Repair for the do-it-yourselfer!

and many, many others on specifics, just google your concern/question and multiple website abound.

Of course, you can alwayspost your questions here too.

And WELCOME to the forum.

Happy Camping.
Old 07-08-2019, 07:27 PM   #6

Good links -- thanks!

For me, speaking as an ex-newbie, there were two big problems. First, I didn't know what I didn't know -- who knew there was an anode rod in the water heater?

Second, even when I had a question, I did not know how to ask it because the jargon was unfamiliar.

Solution? Just ask. Post your question, fumbles and all. Us old timers can often figure out what the newbies are trying to ask because we've been there, too!!
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 05:43 AM   #7

Putting the make/model and year of your unit in your signature line will eliminate the necessity of putting it in every posted questions too.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:26 AM   #8

Eagle, I did not even know that was an option! I have tried to modify my signature -- let's see if it works when I hit "post."
Old 07-09-2019, 11:40 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdant139 View Post
Eagle, I did not even know that was an option! I have tried to modify my signature -- let's see if it works when I hit "post."

Looks like you got it! Congratulations.
Old 07-24-2019, 07:55 AM   #10

Hi, need some help, the electric to raise and lower the trailer stopped working. The electric to. Trailer is fine, the battery is functioning ok. since their is only one wire to stand I guess there is a short in that wire. Changed fuse what is can I try please
I can't remove trailer from truck because no power.??
johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 08:21 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson View Post
Hi, need some help, the electric to raise and lower the trailer stopped working. The electric to. Trailer is fine, the battery is functioning ok. since their is only one wire to stand I guess there is a short in that wire. Changed fuse what is can I try please
I can't remove trailer from truck because no power.??
I assume your trailer has an electric hitch jack. If like the one on my unit, on the top of the plastic jack head, there is a round plastic plug. It can be pried out easily with a knife or small screwdriver. Below it is a hex nut you can turn with a socket wrench (in my case the same size as the stabilizer jack threaded screw head) to extend the jack stand.