Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2019, 08:40 PM   #1

Default Low water pressure: Pinched water line between fresh tank & water pump

I recently purchased a used 2014 Funfinder 214wsd that had very low water pressure when dry camping. I spent weeks researching & troubleshooting: took apart water pump & inspected, cleaned & inspected strainer next to water pump, inspected fittings & hoses for leaks leading up to water pump, disconnected hose before water pump & blew compressed air through the line in an attempt to clear the line, installed shurflo accumulator tank after water pump. The water pressure only got marginally better so I assumed the hose was a pinched between the fresh water tank & water pump or maybe there is a strainer at the hose connection to the fresh water tank that is clogged. I opened a couple exploratory holes through the rubber seal covering the underbelly of the trailer & found the hose connection to the fresh water tank next to the fresh water tank’s drain valve. I couldn’t believe my eyes, the elbow fitting going into the fresh water tank was installed incorrectly leaving the hose pinched (see attached picture). I cut the hose a few inches back, unscrewed the elbow fitting, & removed the pinched hose. Re-taped the fitting, screwed it back on the right way & reconnected the hose. Everything’s working perfect now. I thought I’d post in case anyone else is experiencing this issue or needs to locate where the supply line connects to the fresh water tank. Happy Camping!
Attached Thumbnails
DD2EF0AA-5E7F-4432-8A4F-FB3028EBAA41.jpg  

BarcaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 12:06 AM   #2

Typical workmanship in RV assembly. Good on you for being persistent and not giving up. Silverado

Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 06:00 AM   #3

Had a similar situation. Good flow/pressure everywhere in the camper EXCEPT the tub/shower hot water. This showed up after owning it a few years.
Removed the tub/shower faucets and discovered the line for the hot water, which was much longer than needed, had kinked cutting off the flow.
Simply re-routed the water line and no problem since.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:07 AM   #4

Well done!! Thanks for posting that report.
Old 11-10-2019, 12:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado View Post
Typical workmanship in RV assembly. Good on you for being persistent and not giving up. Silverado
...what other industry would the consumer base be so nonchalant about poor QC in a product. I’ve had several issues related to Cruiser RV’s bad quality and when I’ve posted about it, there is rarely any outrage. What is the manufacturers motivation to improve if we keep accepting it. There needs to be some accountability.

(Sorry for the rant - stepping off my soap box now)
Old 11-10-2019, 02:06 PM   #6

In every issue of "Trailer Life" magazine has a page devoted to camper problems (any brand) and the resolution for each individual and the mfg has come thru to resolve the issue to the consumers satisfaction.
Been reading the magazine for several years and never read about a complaint against Cruiser or Fun Finders. ??
Old 11-14-2019, 11:42 AM   #7

I had the same exact problem and the same exact cause! Thanks for posting..... this his would have been helpful during the early stages of my troubleshooting the problem.

Bapmannh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
low water pressure, pinched supply line