Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2011, 09:50 PM   #1

Default Not a happy camper

I just got a new 2011 189fds and have had it for 3 days. I can't belive some the manuls are missing. And all the manufactures want you to send in their warrany cards. some of them want them returned in 10 days. I am still checking out all the applinces and see how they work cus im new to this. So far I have found lots of minor stuff wrong I plan to make a list and take it back where I got it from. Cut cable lines loose and stripped screws lots of little stuff. From what I can tell most of the mechanical stuff in this trailer is junk. And I see I will a loose a lot of spare time fixing stuff. All I can say is I hope it will be all worth it. tx

Saltynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:52 AM   #2

Sorry to hear about your problems, welcome to the RV world

Our 210WBS came put together pretty well...things I would have done differently, but, then I over-build everything and I'm a neat-freak. On the whole though I found mine well built and the hardware is the same that you'll find on any TT...all the builders use pretty much the same hardware, they just build the box the hardware is installed into and attached to.

As for the manuals and warranty cards...you should have had a walk-through when you picked your TT up, that would have been the time to notice manuals missing (I asked for manuals when we stepped into the TT and then as they were demonstrating each feature, I'd look for and if not found, request the manual for that feature). Some features, don't have manuals (the hot water heater by-pass for instance) and you just have to figure the feature out (one of the great things these forums exist for )
The warranty cards are what they are. Just like buying a toaster oven, you've got to send in the card...you just bought a big box full of toaster ovens, air conditioners, ovens, refrigerators, microwaves and stereos...got to send in the cards for each, just as if you bought each one separately.

Again, welcome to the RV world. As I was taught in my younger days, you'll meet thousands of great folks and few sore heads. Enjoy your TT and don't be afraid to ask questions. Nobody is born knowing everything.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
Site Team

Since you bought the trailer new you should have gotten manuals for everything. With mine I got a whole package of manuals. Everything from the roof membrane to the valve on the propane tank. Plus the dealer also included a general overview manual, which is somewhat generic, but gives a general description of how things work. I would go back to your dealer with a list of whats missing and ask for copies.

As far as warranty cards, from what I understand you don't lose your warranty if you don't turn them in. And while they make it easier to document when your purchase was made they are primarily so the manufacturer can contact you in the event of a safety recall. And of course so they can put you on their mailing list to advertise other products.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:13 AM   #4

I found our viewfinder to be pretty well built. It is not built like a house, that is for sure. As far as the mechanicals, they are pretty much the same across the board. Everyone uses the same HVAC, plumbing, and electrical suppliers.
joelh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:38 AM   #5

Default Sorry

Please remember...that the manufactures build these 25 at a time.

Sometimes they whip through them some things do get missed.

That's what a dealer prep is fora, and also we check to make sure everything works, then wrnty registration is submitted to the MFG.

I sell RV's for a living. You should of had a demo at pick up time. Or was it shipped to your door. I do both ship direct and have demos at pickup.

Warranty...if your dealer is worth anything ......is taken care of at the dealer. We send all registration in to the mfg's...so you might have that taken care of.

Manuals can be found on line or ordered at the MFG.

616-389-3292

webzepp@yahoo.com

Email or call for the....
Best Deals on Fun Finders
Tom Fun Finder Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:28 AM   #6

Sometimes they whip through them some things do get missed.

That just goes to show you the incompetency of the people making the TT at Fun Finder.
If you Tom or I did that our job, we would be fired, right?

Any person that I have tried to deal with at Cruiserv is as amoral as they can get. Once you purchase they could give a S--- less about you or the inferior workmanship of their trailers.

2011 Cheveolet 2500HD 4x4
Intergtated Brake Controller
ARE Camper Shell
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Honda EU2000ia
Days Camped/2011/37 4200 Miles Towing
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:30 PM   #7

Default no qc ?

Fun Finder has realy s___y quality control. They have none. I fix stuff for a living and I cant beleve FF gets away with such shitty workman ship. Someone must have sued them by now? If not maybe a class action would be better? It must be time.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:29 AM   #8

Salty,
You have had your Fun Finder for 3 months now and surely you have gotten all your issues taken care of by your dealer by now and are out enjoying your new travel trailer like the rest of us. Since you fix stuff for a living, you sould be more qualified than most to be an RV owner.
Happy trails,
ArizAl
ArizAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:25 PM   #9

Hi ArizAl. Yes I have gone out with it on 1 trip so far. Weather has not been very good here yet. I have several trips planned for tis summer and looking forward to it. still have some problems with getting a new matress and other small things. Im slowly going to make things better in it. Like brace the holding tanks. Also got it so I can move the tv undr the bunk bed so now we can watch tv in bed. It will take me a season to do some of the stuff I want to do. Salty
Old 06-21-2011, 08:32 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltynuts
Hi ArizAl. Yes I have gone out with it on 1 trip so far. Weather has not been very good here yet. I have several trips planned for tis summer and looking forward to it. still have some problems with getting a new matress and other small things. Im slowly going to make things better in it. Like brace the holding tanks. Also got it so I can move the tv undr the bunk bed so now we can watch tv in bed. It will take me a season to do some of the stuff I want to do. Salty
Ha Saltynuts ,HMMM? Im not going to ask how you got your name? We are in the same Boat , Well in the same RV that is and the same Truck 2011 RDS & 4X4 tacoma , I cant say a lot about my FF 189 RDS but I think the Tocama is the best Truck on the earth Let me know how your FunFinder is working out , Im with you on the FF , Just got it and all I do is work on it megabusa@yahoo.com
Megabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:28 PM   #11

Hi Megabusa Yes I am very happy with the tacoma. I have had 2 of them over the years and been very happy with them. Now I wish I could say the same for the trailer. I am going away in it in a couole of weeks and i have decided i am going to mount some hooks under the frame to support the fresh water tank and also the other 2 tanks. I have been slowly been making improvments to it. I have the tv so now i can move it from the back of the trailr to under the front bunk. I bought a tv mount and ran the wires for the dvd player and cable lines thourgh the bath room in behind the microwave up to the front of the trailer. last week i aslo installed mudguards on her. Salty
Old 06-22-2011, 08:03 AM   #12

Quote:
Hi Megabusa Yes I am very happy with the tacoma. I have had 2 of them over the years and been very happy with them. Now I wish I could say the same for the trailer. I am going away in it in a couole of weeks and i have decided i am going to mount some hooks under the frame to support the fresh water tank and also the other 2 tanks. I have been slowly been making improvments to it. I have the tv so now i can move it from the back of the trailr to under the front bunk. I bought a tv mount and ran the wires for the dvd player and cable lines thourgh the bath room in behind the microwave up to the front of the trailer. last week i aslo installed mudguards on her. Salty
2003 Tacoma Prerunner - 2005 Tacoma trd off road Prerunner - 2007 Tacoma TRD Sport 4X4 with Class 4 Hitch whin I lived in Pontchatoula LA I worked at a GMC - pontiac- Mitso & Toyota Dealer and Toyota by far is the best line , Mitso is pretty good to . GM Cars SUCK You got me thinking now about the TV Have a good time , If you come around the grand Canyon look me up and I show you all the best places to go in S.Utah & N. Arizona
Old 06-25-2011, 09:20 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megabusa
Quote:
2003 Tacoma Prerunner - 2005 Tacoma trd off road Prerunner - 2007 Tacoma TRD Sport 4X4 with Class 4 Hitch whin I lived in Pontchatoula LA I worked at a GMC - pontiac- Mitso & Toyota Dealer and Toyota by far is the best line , Mitso is pretty good to . GM Cars SUCK You got me thinking now about the TV Have a good time , If you come around the grand Canyon look me up and I show you all the best places to go in S.Utah & N. Arizona
Boy that should be a fun time. The two of you could park side by side and throw rocks at each other's POS campers. Be happy that the problems you two seem to be so upset about are all repairable and you can fix them and go on to enjoy camping in this beautiful world.
ArizAl
Old 06-25-2011, 10:20 PM   #14

URRR
Old 06-26-2011, 09:06 AM   #15

Salty,
Please disregard my previous posts and good luck on getting all the faults in your Fun Finder corrected. I am very happy that I have not had your experience with my Viewfinder.
ArizAl
Old 06-29-2011, 09:56 PM   #16

ArizAl
Sorry for taking your post out of context. Thought you were being a smart a_. Salty
Old 07-07-2011, 08:43 AM   #17

Quote:
ArizAl
Sorry for taking your post out of context. Thought you were being a smart a_. Salty
Ha Salty , What ArizAl said is not a bad Idea , I cant think of anything I can do with this JUNK anyway
Old 09-06-2011, 07:22 PM   #18

I have a 2011 X139 Fun Finder and my wife and I really love it. Yes we have had a few problems with it but the dealer has taken care of the issues under the warranty. I work at an automotive deal and have been with them for over 15 years. I have been a tech and worked on cars, a service advisor, Shop foreman and currently a Service Manager. All new cars and trucks have some problems that quality control misses. I have had our X139 for 5 months and I figured that this 1st camping season would be a shake down on the things that would break. But over all we love out little camper and have took it out almost every weekend this summer.

I would have to say my only bad experience with getting the repairs done on it has been the lady at the dealer who ordered the parts. She has forgotten to order and ordered the wrong parts on getting it repaired. But that is not FF fault it is the dealer for not getting it under control.

blueyz70 is offline   Reply With Quote