Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-31-2016, 07:18 PM   #21

Thanks for the info John. Good advice. No, there is still a lot of snow here. Not planning on doing much with the trailer for a while (2 months?). I will do some sewing though. New covers on the cushions in the dinette and valances.

It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 07:40 PM   #22

Our 190 and your 189 are both '08 and the components and appliances may be the same mfg. and my only real complains are: The roof vent fan needs upgrading (a 2016 spring job), the heater fan sounds like a train is going through the trailer and the noise made by the A/C sounds like a 747 is parked outside!!! I want to visit some newer trailers and hear theirs run, maybe I have an issue that I can upgrade (down the road) and maybe the noise it typical???

2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 MAX Tow Package
2018 Dutchman, Coleman Lite 1805RB
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 09:03 PM   #23

Smile

John,

I have an app on my phone called "Sound Meter". It is a very accurate dB meter and it's FREE You can measure sound levels with it very easily and since you always have your phone with you, you can use it to compare sound levels in other campers you visit.

Our A/C unit has 2 settings, HIGH & LOW. Sitting 6 feet away from the A/C unit, ours is 62 dB on LOW and 65 dB on high.

And if you've been following my posts, you know that we no longer have a Fun Finder

Old 02-01-2016, 08:22 AM   #24

Our 2014 214WSD has been great, no real issues. The stereo that came in our's is
an Elite EEDV03 with DVD and Bluetooth. Cheaply made Chinese unit, but it seems to
work fine. Don't know if you can even buy one without going through a dealer or
distributor. We camp in Northern Michigan a lot, short haul north for us. Have not had good WiFi service at most campgrounds, so have not been able to use our streaming services much at all. And also limited TV stations there. So we do use the Bluetooth for streaming music (if cell reception is good) and play DVD's often.

Can't wait for the season to start. Have a couple trips planned for Irons/Freesoil area, A long weekend at Pictured Rocks and two weekends on Elk and Torch Lake. Plus the memorial day trip to western Kentucky.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:20 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travels with Yoly View Post
John,

I have an app on my phone called "Sound Meter". It is a very accurate dB meter and it's FREE You can measure sound levels with it very easily and since you always have your phone with you, you can use it to compare sound levels in other campers you visit.

Our A/C unit has 2 settings, HIGH & LOW. Sitting 6 feet away from the A/C unit, ours is 62 dB on LOW and 65 dB on high.

And if you've been following my posts, you know that we no longer have a Fun Finder
Thank you Travels with Yoly, but when I retired, I refused to use anything more sophisticated than an "Old Fashioned" Flip Phone but, I may have to get a smarter phone as the Flippers are slowly being retired and are no longer compatible with all data needs...
I do appreciate the Db numbers and will pick up a small meter...

The appliances in my FF are good brands... Dometic, Suburban, etc. and the trailer is not so much the issue as possibly the older 2008 appliances??

Old 02-01-2016, 06:38 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip5 View Post
Our 2014 214WSD has been great, no real issues. The stereo that came in our's is
an Elite EEDV03 with DVD and Bluetooth. Cheaply made Chinese unit, but it seems to
work fine. Don't know if you can even buy one without going through a dealer or
distributor. We camp in Northern Michigan a lot, short haul north for us. Have not had good WiFi service at most campgrounds, so have not been able to use our streaming services much at all. And also limited TV stations there. So we do use the Bluetooth for streaming music (if cell reception is good) and play DVD's often.

Can't wait for the season to start. Have a couple trips planned for Irons/Freesoil area, A long weekend at Pictured Rocks and two weekends on Elk and Torch Lake. Plus the memorial day trip to western Kentucky.
Rip, we are in Wellston, just north of Irons. Four miles north of the Dublin General Store. We would be happy to host you here if you venture to our area.
We don't have 30 amp service but do have 20. We love this area and know all the cool places. Three great rivers, clear creeks, great hiking trails, golf, fishing, motel hunting, Tippy backwaters, 20 miles from Lake Michigan, etc. Let us know when you plan your trip.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:32 AM   #27

Received our power cord back from the dealer. Great service, no charge. Happy soon-to-be campers!!
Old 02-03-2016, 01:01 PM   #28

That is wonderful news and good the dealer took care of it promptly and correctly.

Old 02-03-2016, 03:33 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
That is wonderful news and good the dealer took care of it promptly and correctly.

Yes, they really came through for us.
Old 02-03-2016, 03:36 PM   #30

Morel hunting, NOT motel hunting. Sheesh!!
Old 02-03-2016, 05:38 PM   #31

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantraveler View Post
Received our power cord back from the dealer. Great service, no charge. Happy soon-to-be campers!!
Yea!!!!
Glad he came through ...

Old 02-03-2016, 07:01 PM   #32

Yes!!! It was s relief.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:07 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJAZ View Post
Yup - lets get this back on the rails. We use our stereo system quite a bit. After a day of enjoying the campground, we love to sit outside with an adult beverage and listen to CD's and then in the evening after dinner watch DVD movies. So we use ours quite a bit. I'm leaning toward this one offered by Crutchfield:iRV iRV33 Multimedia receiver for RVs at Crutchfield.com
Anyone have any experience with iRV?
Hi y'all... been following this thread since it appears I have an older Jensen and it's not working great either... it's Possessed! It comes on at night... and I can't figure out how to change the programming IF it was programmed for wake/sleep. However, I can't find an owners manual siince there is nothing on it to tell me the model. NOR is it Blue-tooth, which I prefer and want to have. SO.. looking for a replacement. the iRV iRV33 that was mentioned by LJAZ is no longer available: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_932RV3....html?tp=48825. I contacted Crutchfield and their current model is $400?!
Does anyone have an alternative to this model? thanks!

Happy GLAMPING!
Janie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:14 PM   #34

We bought this one and like it. Bluetooth but not wi-fi. Good sound, too powerful for our 20 year old speakers. Have to keep it on vol. level 3 or below.

Magnadyne RV5090 AM/FM/CD/DVD/BT 120W Wall Mount Receiver with Remote Control https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FL51SDC..._GVqBzb5D2NN83
Old 07-17-2017, 01:40 PM   #35

My radio went bad and the Face Plate wouldn't show channels etc.; I stopped off at Wally World and bought nice Sony (about $90) with everything... Bluetooth, WiFi, Digital, USB, CD, etc., and went online for the cross references. I wired it right in... It works great and fit like a glove...

Just thought I'd throw that in... It is more than loud enough outside or inside as I never want the neighbors to even hear it and when it is played in- or outside, the volume is set very low...

Old 07-17-2017, 02:48 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_C View Post
My radio went bad and the Face Plate wouldn't show channels etc.; I stopped off at Wally World and bought nice Sony (about $90) with everything... Bluetooth, WiFi, Digital, USB, CD, etc., and went online for the cross references. I wired it right in... It works great and fit like a glove...

Just thought I'd throw that in... It is more than loud enough outside or inside as I never want the neighbors to even hear it and when it is played in- or outside, the volume is set very low...

To bad no all are as thoughtful of their neighbors.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:26 PM   #37

Quote:
I agree. We never assume others will enjoy our taste in music. Our neighbors felt otherwise here where we live. The Sherrif backed us up. He went to court. Fined $300. That kind of thing drives people to like boondocking.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:27 PM   #38

Quote:
Howdy Eagle... Good to see ya again... I've been away for a while... resting on FB a bit, taking pics, camping, and getting ready to go camping again...

Hey BTW, I just replaced the trailer tires before the last trip... After reading your post on Trailer tires (Some time back) I purchased the Trailer GoodYear Endurances (MADE IN USA) and then I went up a step from Load Range C to LR D, due to the margin of safety... The Load Range C tires only allowed for about 300# load margin (Total) and with driving/road conditions, I opted for a bit more...

Thanks again for the tip... so far the GY Endurance run great and seem to give the trailer a bit more stability...

P.S. I really enjoy camping and sometimes a very distant soft music helps to sooth the weary bones along with a cool or hot beverage. I don't necessarily like to hear loud hollering, kids playing, music, or sound pollution from other camps and don't make them listen to mine... You know what I mean... Do onto others...

Old 07-17-2017, 03:43 PM   #39

Good to hear from you again.

I've heard good things about the GY Endurance and Maxxis tires and upgrading to load range D.

Good to hear they are working out well for you.

Mine are going on 5 years old even tho they still look like new, I know I will have to replace them in the next year or two. Tires are one item I will NOT skimp on due to cost.

Making my run to Sturgis SD the 9th of August for a fun time again at the Annual Motorcycle Rally & staying here: Sturgis Camping | 2016 Sturgis Rally Campground RV Tent Always enjoy riding thru the Black Hills and meeting people from all over the world that come to the rally.

Happy camping.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:53 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantraveler View Post
I agree. We never assume others will enjoy our taste in music. Our neighbors felt otherwise here where we live. The Sherrif backed us up. He went to court. Fined $300. That kind of thing drives people to like boondocking.
Yep, Yep Mich... We don't have many probs with loud music here, it is the constant fireworks, especially the big ones that actually rattle the windows... fortunately, they usually shut it down by 10:00 or 11:00 p.m.