Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Club Community Forums > Fun Finder Community
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-16-2016, 10:17 AM   #1

Send a message via ICQ to dthriftusa Send a message via MSN to dthriftusa
Default xtra xt200

I am the new owner of a 2008 xtra xt200. Love it, but had to fix a few minor problems. My question concerns purchasing a screen to cover the ramp opening when the ramp is down. Heading to upper Minnesota later this month and realize that I will need a screen. My shakedown trip accumulated a lot of flying insects. I use the ramp for the wife's electric wheel chair and we often keep the ramp open.

Has anyone done this or have any thoughts?
thanks, Doug

dthriftusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 12:25 PM   #2

I have a 2012 XT 276 toy hauler and the rear ramp door has a pull down screen from the factory.

Did you look along the top of the opening to be sure there isn't a pull down screen? I don't know if the 200 had/has one or not.

Otherwise, perhaps a call to a Cruiser RV dealer and they could get one for you .. or maybe a call to Cruiser direct for technical service at 260-562-3500 may be beneficial.

Best in resolving the issue.

Old 06-16-2016, 12:40 PM   #3

thanks for the tip. I did not see a roll down screen. I'll give Cruiser Direct a call.
Old 06-17-2016, 08:56 PM   #4

Hi dthriftusa,
Welcome to the forum!!

We have an XT-190 Toy Hauler and it came with a heavy duty fabric fold-up screen and the opening has velcro to hold it on...

I bought the trailer used and am assuming the screen came from the factory as an optional purchase, but I don't really know and only put it up one time to see how it fit... It looks okay, but we leave the ramp up...

I like Eagle's roll-up version and would maybe use it more if I didn't have to wrestle with a fold-up screen...

Sorry I am not much help here...

2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 MAX Tow Package
2018 Dutchman, Coleman Lite 1805RB
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 08:35 PM   #5

Thanks JC, I was hoping to find an xt190, but am happy with my 200. I think I would prefer a permanent mount. I called Cruiser Dirct and left a detailed voice mail, but never got a response. I guess I'll go with an after market screen.
Happy camping.

Tags
xt200 toy hauler