Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2021, 09:55 AM   #1

Question FF XT276 Bolt coming up through floor

Hi. We have a 2015 and we have a bolt sticking up under the linoleum in the kitchen area. We are going to remove the underbelly and take a look, but I wanted to find out if anyone has has any experience with this issue before proceeding. We are not sure what to expect, or what we will see, once we remove the underbelly. Any advice?
Also, some of the support beams that hold up the underbelly look like they are sagging. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance!

Jtrain08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 10:18 PM   #2

My xt276 has no 'underbelly' and everything is exposed so easy to see and make repairs as maybe required.

Apparently Cruiser made some changes along the line.

Old 04-20-2021, 05:37 AM   #3

Thank you for your reply, Eagle. That gives us confidence in removing the underbelly to see what's going on.
Old 04-20-2021, 07:10 AM   #4

I would be interested in what you discover.

IF I were to guess, the bolt could be to secure the flooring to the frame but ??
Old 04-20-2021, 01:15 PM   #5

I will let you know what we find.
Old 04-25-2021, 11:23 AM   #6

I’d be surprised if a bolt is backing out... it’s probably the underlayment sagging or compressing accentuating its presents. My (unfortunate) guess is you’ll find some rot.
Praying I am wrong.

Please take some photos to post ... sounds like an opportunity for us all to learn something.
Old 04-30-2021, 09:43 AM   #7

We actually did find a bolt was backing out and pushing up on the underlayment. Fortunately no rot. Unfortunately we had to cut through the linoleum to screw the bolt back down. Now we have a new repair lol. Always something!
Old 04-30-2021, 10:35 AM   #8

Nice to hear what it was, a bolt as suspected. Do you know what the bolt held in place?

Not sure what kind of Linoleum used but if Congoleum (sp) a repair is fairly easy as seen alot of it repaired and it never shows.
Old 04-30-2021, 05:15 PM   #9

Jtrain, the repair should be pretty easy -- hurrah for Duct Tape!

Very glad to hear it was not a big problem. This is the Camper's Benediction: "May all of your problems be solvable with duct tape."
Old 04-30-2021, 06:01 PM   #10

The professional repair of Congolium is to get a piece slightly larger than the spot to be repair and lay it over the repair spot .. matching the pattern on all sides.

Then, with a very sharp carpet knife, cut thru both layers slightly larger then the area that needs repair.

Lay the top piece aside and remove the cut out damaged piece.

Lay the overlaid piece into the place where the damaged piece was removed .. it will be the exact same size and the pattern edges will be matching.

Congolium makes a product called "seam glue" - you will need some to seal the seams of the inserted piece.

And that is it, all repaired.

Tags
bolt, flooring, support beams, underbelly