Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2021, 11:22 AM   #1

Question Fun Finder 23BH Rear Camera Rough-In

Hello,

I bought a 2020 23BH last simmer and I have purchased a wireless rear camera that I am preparing to install. The trailer specs say it is pre-wired for a camera and when I remove the Furrion mount on the upper rear of the trailer there is a wire there with a plug to provide power to a camera. The problem is there is no voltage on the plug and there is no fuse designated for a camera in the power panel.

Does anyone know what I am missing and/or is there something I need to do inside the trailer to get power to the plug?

Thanks!
Dana

gerthdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 10:43 AM   #2

Just a wild guess, but were you connected to your vehicle? Maybe it's wired to only work when there is 12v coming from your truck.

DiverRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 01:24 PM   #3

The Furrion camera mount on my 2015 F265RBSS is powered via the marker light circuit, powered from the tow vehicle. It worked great until I purchased my 2019 GMC Sierra and GM went to this "awesome" PMV system for trailer output. This system doesn't provide the correct power to operate the camera, but the trailer lights work okay. Furrion has come up with an inline adapter to go between the truck & trailer which then sends 12VDC properly to the marker light circuit and it'll operate the camera again. I'm just not sure I want to spend more money to make it work....
"I'd rather go camping"
BigMikeFF is offline   Reply With Quote