Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-19-2014, 11:06 AM   #1

Default Round piece of plastic floating around my black water tank

Why is it that when these guys cut the hole in the black water tank they can't take 2 secs of their time to pull out that round plastic disc piece of waste!!! Now it is in my black water tank waiting to jam up my clean out pipe or worst , I can fill it up with clean water and see it float by every once in a while , tried getting it already not to easy to get out , guess I will keep trying . Made in America !!!! Trust me you don't need to tell anyone , it shows in every part of this trailer and the rv industry !!

Old 05-19-2014, 04:06 PM   #2

And the automotive industry, the appliance industry, the home building industry, the airline industry, the cruise ship industry, and with repair personnel, politicians, etc. etc. etc.

No industry is immune from human screwups....including the funeral industry.

Old 05-19-2014, 08:36 PM   #3
roy

I agree this industry is a joke and a high dollar joke. Workmanship is terrible and has unskilled idiot worker wrote all over it. Been there seen it so much on this thing I've become numb to it. Currently in it for this coming week in mountains of N Ga. Already the shower head holder has fell off the wall. Using the heater sweats the inside like a gay bathhouse in San Fran. Breakers tripping, stereo is a complete POS, speakers rattling, TV falling off the wall cause the mount just pulls out of the wall with crap wood screws holding it, you name it this box has it. And I ain't joking.

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:12 AM   #4

Our 214 is just wonderful. Have found no real design/assembly issues at all. Everything works as it should, and for the affordable price these TT's cost, it was well worth the money we paid. I recommended a FF to two of our friends, one bought a 276 and one bought a 300 toy hauler. They have had zero issues as well, and are as pleased as punch with their purchase.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:07 PM   #5

Our FF must have been built in the middle of the week after the Monday hangovers were gone and the. "I can't wait for Friday." syndrome to begin. So no issues at all for our 2007, or the original owner dealt with all of them and by the time we bought it they were fixed.
2003 Limited Production New Beetle Turbo S
1966 VW Beetle -restored.
Dillinger-63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:39 AM   #6

I drove over 300 miles to pick mine up from Apache Sales in Omaha NE and believe they went over it completely before I arrived and checked everything out well in their 'pre-delivery' inspection.

Other than a little minor tweeking and some personal adjustment of my whims, mine is great.

Old 05-28-2014, 07:35 AM   #7

Default Needle nose pliers

I used a needle nose pliers to pull out the black circles. I agree that the factory should not leave the cutouts in the tanks. But I must say that I have had very few manufacturing defects with this new trailer, and I have owned it for more than a year and a half.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:03 PM   #8

Ok thanks, I will keep trying to fish out the round disc out of the tank. And I think Roy and me got the same group building our trailers at the factory !!! Lol
Old 05-29-2014, 08:18 AM   #9
roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by securityman
Ok thanks, I will keep trying to fish out the round disc out of the tank. And I think Roy and me got the same group building our trailers at the factory !!! Lol
Yep I believe so.

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:08 PM   #10

Ok , I had to pull out the toilet and the pipe that is screwed into the black water tank , and finally got that plastic round cut out , now I don't have to worry about the problem that it could have caused.

So I would advise everyone with a fun finder check and see if you got one also floating around waiting to jam up something as you are draining your tank.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:42 AM   #11

I had the dealer repair the black tank flush valve which apparently was a crimped pipe in the line. The tank was clean and I wanted to see how the system worked so I opened the valve and attached the hose and water started coming out.

All of a sudden I see a dark brown, somewhat curved solid material about 6 inches long plop out. "Are you kidding me, the guy took a crap in my camper?" Upon inspection I find it was a piece of plywood in the black tank. At least it came out on its own.

Glad you got your piece out.
2011Harley Road Glide Ultra
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:12 AM   #12

Hey mark , sounds like they used your black tank as the trash can !!!

I would love to be a fly on the wall at their factory on a Monday to watch them construct these trailers, talk about a good laugh !!!
Old 06-14-2014, 01:44 PM   #13

Default The upside

On second thought, look at it this way -- if they leave a few small solid objects (plastic or wood), those items will rattle around while you are traveling and will break up any semi-solid material in your tank, which will make it easier to drain!

There is always a silver lining, if you just look hard enough.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:15 PM   #14

I had to tape 2 long drill bits to my needle nose pliers just to reach it. I heated a rod red hot, flashlight in mouth I(went in) and heated the middle of the cut out and was able to bend it enough to get it out.
LINERGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:11 PM   #15

Default Clever!

That is a brilliant solution! The only problem is if the hot rod were to touch the side of the plastic tank. Well done!
Old 06-29-2014, 09:45 PM   #16

Thanks, It worked well with no mishaps
LINERGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:19 PM   #17

Man sounds like you had to do some surgery !!! Haha love it man !
Old 06-07-2016, 08:50 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by securityman View Post
Why is it that when these guys cut the hole in the black water tank they can't take 2 secs of their time to pull out that round plastic disc piece of waste!!! Now it is in my black water tank waiting to jam up my clean out pipe or worst , I can fill it up with clean water and see it float by every once in a while , tried getting it already not to easy to get out , guess I will keep trying . Made in America !!!! Trust me you don't need to tell anyone , it shows in every part of this trailer and the rv industry !!
Did you ever get this thing out? I am now having the same drain problems and spotted the plastic disk floating by as you did....

Have a call into my dealer to see if Cruiser RV will cover this post warranty.
Old 06-08-2016, 12:56 PM   #19

Not surprisingly, but Cruiser RV says too bad, I am out of warranty so they will not help out. Despite the fact that this piece of tank cut out is clearly a manufacturing failure that simply takes a few years to show up when the piece finally breaks off and starts floating around and jamming up the tank.
I guess I am off to the dump station to clean it out the best I can and then start fishing around to try and grab it out of there. *sigh*
Old 06-08-2016, 02:45 PM   #20

I saw one post about getting the black plastic disk out using long drill bits taped to some needle nose plyers. I don't have anything that long.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to get this thing out of my tank??

Thanks!